Thursday, April 28, 2011

cupcake marathon: part 1

I honestly don't even know where to start this recap! I have been so blown away by the magnitude of this project I can't possibly do it justice with my words.

This is going to take several days to go over (mostly because of the amazing amount of pictures that I just have to include!). First of all, HERE is my introduction to Sixty Feet and our cupcake sales.


I started this project knowing that a few other people around the country were going to be hosting cupcake sales on or around April 16th as well. Little did I know that it would soon turn into an international cupcake sale, and that there would be over 100 sales happening!


I was praying that we would raise 500.00 to donate to Sixty Feet. My friends and I started taking orders from people for cupcakes. We were also looking for an opportunity to have an actual sale...like bake sale style. Well, one came our way and we (aka: Molly, Kelley, and Brittany) baked 12 dozen cupcakes to sell! You have no idea how hard I was praying that we sold them all...

We started in one location (at a yard sale), and had no one even come over to our tent for the first hour and a half. So...we decided we weren't going to give up, we were just going to change locations! So, we headed to the middle of town in the parking lot of three shared businesses.

God blew us all away when we sold out in just about 3 hours and raised 450.00!!


Okay, so, time to quit putting my God in a box. Let's raise our goal amount to 1,000.00...

to be continued tomorrow...


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

They were delicious! Wish I had another one!

Shelley said...

They were very yummy!! I think I could have got 5 dozen and still wanted more!!!