Friday, February 4, 2011

Paying it forward

This morning I am headed out of town to have my Date with God. I'm attending the Created for Care Retreat and could NOT be more excited! I have been looking forward to this time - a time to Come to the Well and refresh myself for 9 months...it's here!! Please pray for me, and my family, as we spend the next three days apart. Pray for the kids hearts, that they know their Momma is with them, loving them from afar, and for my heart - that I would be able to have the conversation with God that I've been longing to have for so very long.

Some of you know that our daughter, Claire's 5th birthday is coming up quickly (February 10th). In years past I've seemed to sink into a depression and hibernate in my home. This year I'm bound and determined to handle it differently. This year I want to pay it forward. February has been and will continue to be a month filled with helping other Mommies!
Here is another awesome opportunity to Pay it Forward and help others! Small Bird Studio is hosting a journal drive in honor of her daughter's 2nd birthday. These journals are to give to other families who are spending time in the NICU . Journaling (blogging) is so very important to me, mentally, and I think it will be such a gift to my children in the future, that I think this is a great, great idea! Although we never spent time in the NICU with Claire, I sure could've used a blank journal at the time!


So, go here and donate! (On the left hand side of the page)

You can also send blank journals, writing pens, or tissue paper here:

P.O. Box 2398
Cypress, TX 77429

You can read more about it here, here, and here.

Leave me a comment and let me know if you donate, I can't wait to see how many she is able to collect!

ps - if anyone wants to get together sometime soon and decorate some journals together to send, I'd LOVE TO...hint, hint!!!


1 comment:

Shelley said...

I hope you have a wonderful time at your retreat.
Decorating journals to send sounds like a lot of fun!