Wednesday, April 18, 2012

a belated birthday party {the zoo and chuck e. cheese}

During Spring Break we took a family day and went to St. Louis!
first stop:  The Zoo!


We took the stroller in so that we'd have a place to put our bags.  Spike rode in it for the first hour and then he got in the Moby wrap and slept the rest of the afternoon!  Graysen ended up in the stroller the last hour, so I'm very glad we took it in!



The tulips were beautiful when we went!

This picture is so Hunter right now.  He's so studious...always reading, learning about new subjects.  After this day he's been very interested in learning to read a map.


Stop number 2:  Chuck E. Cheese!
We have two little boys who were so very understanding about not having a birthday party while Mommy was on bed rest with little brother.  It was about time that they got to celebrate their birthdays!!

Graysen was scared of the mechanical Chuck E. Cheese at first.  She eventually warmed up...with Mommy's help.

I swear I should take this kid to the boats!  He has won the "jackpot" on a game the last two times we've been here!

Time to party!!
Blake and Silas


The loot !


Thank you boys for being so patient with Mommy!  I hate that we had to postpone your birthday celebrations, but I hope that you had a lot of fun when we finally got to celebrate!  I love you both so very much and am so blessed by you being my kids!  

4 comments:

Shelley said...

Looks like a super fun day!

Deena said...

I love St. Louis! Looks like a great family getaway. You are such an awesome mom to be out and about with your new baby...isn't it funny how much easier it is the second, third, or FIFTH time around?

Jackie Johnson said...

Ashley, your kiddos are getting soooo big and beautiful. What a precious sweet family you have!

Chrissy said...

Take him to the boats! That's so funny! :)