Friday, May 18, 2012

a new fridge, a perfect Saturday, wasps, teachers, mothers, and party time!

I'm alive and well, just no time to blog these days!  I told Lincoln yesterday that I wished I had an hour to devote to blogging every day, but honestly, I don't sit down except when I'm pumping, and it would be kinda hard to blog and pump at the same time!  Ha ha.  I haven't even had time to upload my pictures off of my camera, so this will be a no picture post!

Here are a few of the highlights from the last few weeks...
  1. The night of May 2nd there was water on the floor of the kitchen every time I got up to pump.  I just kept mopping it up with a towel, not being awake enough to think through why there continued to be water on the floor.  When I got up the morning of the 3rd I realized that our fridge had quit sometime the evening before.  All the ice had melted out of the freezer and was leaking all over the kitchen.  Yuck.  A big thank you to my husband (for not freaking out and getting us a new refrigerator), my sister for keeping both of my kids (at work) while Lincoln got the new one, a local business man for giving us the hook-up on the new fridge, and my father in law for helping Lincoln remove the old one and put in the new  one.  Whew...by the time I came home from work the new one was in and all the food that was able to be salvaged was put back.  Awesome...almost like it didn't happen!  
  2. Saturday the 5th was a Saturday morning of my dreams.  The kids and I got up slowly and then walked / rode our bikes to a local craft fair.  We looked through there (okay, this part was slightly stressful after a little while because my kids started touching things...ugh.), and then headed over to the local coffee shop.    We all got smoothies and Graysen and Spike and I listened to some High School kids play, while the boys played foozeball.  It was my perfect Saturday morning...well, it would've been better if Lincoln could've been there with us.
  3. The night of the 5th Graysen got stung on the bottom of her pinkie toe.  She cried a little bit and it was red and a little swollen, but nothing out of the ordinary for a sting.  Sunday morning she woke up with what I thought was the flu.  We had a big day planned, but I just canceled it all (church, a meeting after church, and 2 birthday parties).  Monday she continued with the sickness, and by Monday evening her whole foot was huge and swollen.  Lincoln took her to the Dr. Tuesday morning and he told us she was allergic to wasp stings!  He put her on an antibiotic, an allergy medicine, and gave us some new medicine for her nebulizer.  Yikes!  She will play with shoes on from now on!
  4. The week of the 7th was Teacher Appreciation Week.  We have really loved our boys teachers this year, and so I set out to give them one small gift each day.  I wish I would've taken pictures of them each day, but here are the things I did:  
Monday:  


































Tuesday:  A box of Swedish Fish with a note tied to them that said "You are oFISHally the best!"
Wednesday:  A mason jar filled with Smarties and a note that said "Thank you for helping us become Smarties this year"
Thursday:  A mason jar full of Hershey's HUGS and a note that said "Teachers can't survive on apples alone, they need hugs too!"
Friday:  

(of course with their first letter and name!)













7.  We are so blessed to have a group of friends to do life with.  We meet every Wednesday night, and we're able to celebrate our families ups and support each other through our downs.  We were all able to celebrate this precious little one's 2nd birthday together recently!  
Heather, Kenna, and Mike

8.  Mother's Day was fabulous.  My husband got me my mother's ring several weeks ago, so that was my "gift" for the day, but really just having my whole family together was the best gift ever.  Lincoln took the day off work and we were able to substitute in the boys 1st Grade Sunday School Class during the 9:15 service and then attend the 10:30 service.  Subbing was a blessing because their regular teacher was gone to visit her mom out of town.  It made me really happy that I was able to help another mother/daughter spend the day together!  During the 10:30 service I had to take Spike to the cry room, but that, also was a blessing to be in a room together with 4 other mothers and celebrate mother's day with them and our babies.  After church my mom and Charlie and Kara and Chad all came over and we were able to have a nice meal together and then ice cream cake!  Everything I have ever done right in my mothering journey is because of the Grace of God and the example my own Momma set for me.  I can't thank her enough!  

a cake, flowers, and cards my husband  kids made for me!

3 comments:

Bld424 said...

I really like reading posts like this. So much content!

I wish I had time to do this for an hour every day, too.

Have you seen those pumping bras that make it hands free? I think you could blog and pump that way!!

Nel said...

I LOVE all the teacher gifts!!!
Glad you got a new fridge super fast :o)
It would be hard to blog while pumping....
I love all your posts - for us living like 3 blocks away from each other we don't see each other often enough...
Hoping for 4th of July we can catch up!

the abells said...

I always blog and pump! ;) Just attach your nursing bra around the pump and you're good to go! Well...in my own home of course. If you're not in your own office it'd be really hard to do at work. ;)