The Hansow family from Light Gives Heat took a small summer road trip this summer to show their film "Moving On", and raise support for the contest through Cultivate Wines that they are in. (PLEASE VOTE FOR THEM ONCE A DAY FOR THE NEXT SEVERAL DAYS!)
They stopped in 13 cities, and we were number 3 on their tour!
You know, sometimes I look at people who run awesome organizations like this and think that they are some elite group. Sadly, (but seriously) they are kind of like celebrities in my world.
Dave and Morgan were honestly some of the most down to earth, nicest people that I've ever met! They saw a need and stepped out in faith to help meet it. They followed their dreams. How awesome is that?
They stayed with us for about 24 hours, and we had a showing of their film at the Firehouse Coffee Shop. My kids so enjoyed meeting new friends!
I'm pretty sure I'll be in contact with them for the long haul. Isn't it neat when you meet someone that you know will be in your life forever? Light Gives Heat works in Uganda, and so does Sole Hope...I would love to see a partnership of some kind some day. Both organizations are run by fantastic couples striving to follow God's commandment to care for the widows and orphans.
| Dave, Morgan, Silas, Hunter, Asher, Graysen, Jadyn, Blake, me, and Fletcher. Wish Lincoln hadn't had to work! |
If you are from my hometown, but missed the showing, I have the movie, and I would love to get together with you and watch it! Just get in touch with me (ashley@solehope.com) and we'll set up a time! Also, please go check out Light Gives Heat and see if God would have you partner with them in any way!
No comments:
Post a Comment