What do I even want to write about tonight? Honestly, I'm not sure, but for some reason I am greatly enjoying this blogging thing...and want to write more. Not so that anyone will read it, just because it's a quiet night in my household and I want to write.
I've always enjoyed writing, but have never done it on a regular basis...I'm not very talented at it. I've always been one to not do anything that I'm not the "best" at. That's the reason I've never played sports...because I couldn't bear the thought that me missing a shot could make the entire team lose a game. I do not want to be responsible for anyone else's disapointment. (I'm still this way - very much a people pleaser...not a good trait). Weird now that I'm older and think about it. But true. Not really sure why I ever did Dance Teams or Color Guard. I guess because that is one of my only natural talents. I didn't have to worry about being the only one to mess up...if I messed up (don't get me wrong, I know I'm not always perfect!), I was most likely not the only one to mess up..so I wouldn't have to blame 2nd place on me alone. Odd...very odd. I hope I don't accidentally pass that bad trait onto my kids. I want them to do whatever it is that they want to do without fear of not being the best. We can't all be the best at everything! As long as they practice and try their hardest every time they participate, that's GREAT!
Hmm...that's enough for me tonight. I think I'm ready to go crawl in bed next to my husband. Both kids are fast asleep...sure, some of the groceries still need to be put away in the kitchen, and the living room could certainly use to be picked up, but what I really want right now is to curl up on my favorite pillow under our down comforter next to my best friend in the whole world, say my prayers, and dream a wonderful dream.
Good Night World!
No comments:
Post a Comment