Tuesday, July 29, 2008

My first trip!

I am so excited! I have scheduled my first trip without my family since before Lincoln and I got married! I'm very nervous - I have never left my kids for more than one night, but I think it will be very good for me! I am going with two of my very best girlfriends to Chicago December 12-14th. (After Graysen is a year old and done nursing...lol) We are staying in a nice hotel right downtown, window shopping, going out for a nice dinner, and having two nights of sleep overs! Everything a girly trip should be! My wonderful husband is taking the weekend off of work to keep our kids so that I can go. Of course, I could've found a babysitter for them, but I just couldn't leave them with someone other than one of us for 2 nights in a row!

I am so thankful that he cares about me enough to sacrifice like this in order for me to do something he knows I will enjoy. I think most husbands would've said, "either find a babysitter for them, or don't go".

I think this trip will be a time to relax, rejuvenate and come back for the Christmas Season rested and in much better spirits! I know it's a few months away, but I am already looking forward to it!!!

2 comments:

Bld424 said...

Hurray! Yay! I am excited for you. I went on my first independent trip this summer. I had a lot of time to think about who I am as just me, not as who I am in my city, in my house, in my marriage. I hope that you get to have some Ashley time - not just wife or mom or sister or dauger time - to rediscover you. Actually, rejuvenate is a great word!

Ashley said...

Yes, I'm hoping for the same thing. It's been almost 5 years since I've been just me...not wife or mother (pregnant or nursing). I'm very much looking forward to it. I'm hoping that when I come back I will have a clearer head and be a BETTER wife and mother for the time away!