Raising a son has me worried. I'll just come right out and say it. I have no experience with boys at all. I never had any brothers, and I really wasn't close to any of my boy cousins growing up. Hunter has already thrown me for a loop several times in his 4 short years, and I know there are MANY more to come! The closer Hunter gets to going to school the more and more I question the school system and the more I wish I could home school him...unfortunately this doesn't look like an option for our family at this point, but it sure is something I pray for God's guidance on daily!
I found this article that I think has some VERY good point on boys...enjoy!
http://www.newsweek.com/id/157898/page/1
2 comments:
YOU ARE A WONDERFUL MOMMY ASHLEY TO BOTH GRAYSEN AND HUNTER, EVEN THOUGH HE IS A BOY:)
MISS YOU!
I know your worries. Joseph and I moved for many reasons but one of the strongest was the school systems. I just couldn't face putting Scottie in all day kindergarten where recess was optional and 10 to 15 minutes of homework was mandated. We love half-day kindergarten where recess is required and his homework is usually a simple reading page that takes less than 5 minutes to read a couple times over. He is excelling in this environment.
I thrived as an overachiever in pushy school systems. Seren upon moving to Utah took almost all electives because she had done everything vital in her first 2 years in MO. There was no pushing her into more math and science that she didn't need. She took that easy year and opted to take college classes this year.
This article was awesome. I just wish the world would sit up and take note. I feel your strife, but I know you will do what is best for Hunter. After all Mom knows best, right?
Post a Comment