Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Sacrifice

Yesterday Hunter reminded me of the ultimate sacrifice that Jesus took for our sins.

I asked Gray to put two pairs of socks away in her bucket. She threw them across the room and very promptly told me "NO!". I asked her one more time and then she went to time out. After her 2 minutes had passed I went in and asked her if she was ready to come out and put her socks away. She still refused, so I explained that she could sit in time out until she was ready, and at that point she was welcome to come out of her room and put away her socks. 15 minutes later, she was laying under her bed, still refusing to do the small task that I asked of her.

Hunter asked if he could put the socks away for her so that she could come out of time out.
Such a sacrifice.
He paid the price for her transgressions.

I was very proud of Hunter for being willing to sacrifice a little work for the happiness of his sister. I saw it as a teachable moment and used it. I hope that moments like this will come around more often...

I think we all need to remember the sacrifice that Jesus made so that we could have eternal life...
and model it in every way that we can!

1 comment:

Mindy said...

Such a good big brother!