Friday, September 12, 2008
Tour of Missouri in STJ
The Tour of Missouri was in STJ today. You would've thought the President himself was coming to visit. I thought the amount of things the city had planned was ridiculous really. Sorry if I'm being a Party Pooper, but honestly, must we try to make ourselves out to be this big city when really we're just a little bitty town where everyone knows everyone else and their business? No - it's a lot like the people who leave here and then come back (either while in college or afterward) trying to "prove" to those of us who choose to make our home here how much "better" the "outside" is. (yes, i know there were a lot of quotation marks in that sentence.) Now...don't get me wrong, I don't think everyone tries to do that, but there are a fair amount who do and they drive me NUTS! But - I digress. Lincoln and I decided to take our family out to Redburn's and watch the race from their front yard, that way we didn't fight the street closings and crowds in town. It was awesome to be that close to them while they were actually racing (the race didn't start until they turned on B Hwy). But...if you blinked you missed it. There were TONS more cars and support vehicles than bicyclists, and they were so crammed together that they went by in 5 seconds flat. Big time disappointment and let down for all of us. Oh well, at least we can say we saw them.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
At least you didn't have to buy tickets or wait all day to save a spot by the street, etc.
Post a Comment