Gray, showing off how she soothed her favorite baby... The baby has a white mark across it's face and she brought it to me, pointed to it, and said "hurt". Then she pretended to cry. So I told her to cuddle and rock her baby and the baby would feel better. After she paced around the house several times, she said, "baby good".
Apparently this is where she changes her baby's diaper (even though it doesn't wear one). She kept going to this corner and saying "diaper, diaper"...
This is the first time Graysen has instigated wearing her baby. She actually brought me the blanket and tried to wrap it around her. I have to admit...my heart smiled!


Everyone needs kisses!!!
After I got done taking the pictures above she wanted to look at them. At the end she wanted me to take another one of the baby. Before I took it she turned the baby's face to face me and shoved it in the camera lens...apparently she noticed that there were no pictures of the baby smiling!

I notice more and more how much Graysen wants to help me around the house and how she mimics me with her own dolls. It got me thinking about my childhood and how I always knew that my first priority in life was to be a wife and a mother. I know now, that this is because my mother took great pride in her job as a homemaker. She was a dedicated wife, a wonderful housekeeper, and the best mother imaginable! My mom was always very hands on with my sister and I growing up, involving us in everything she did each day, and making sure that we were learning as we went. I never remember her showing frustration with us, or laying around on the couch. She was not an "accidental parent" (I just learned this phrase from a friend...more on that later). Everything she did had a reason and a method behind it. I never saw frustration from her about being "stuck" in the house with two young children every day.
I know that me being adamant about being a stay at home mom was because my mother was one, and I couldn't imagine my childhood any other way... Do you think you run your household the same way you were raised?
5 comments:
That is so sweet! Alexis has a baby that she goes everywhere with too! And she is very loving and devoted to her baby too. About a week or so ago, she started nursing her baby, lol! It is soooo cute, she sits in her little chair and pulls up her shirt and hold her there, and she has perfect positioning too! Then, she'll say, "All done, other side now" and she switchs sides. It makes you realize just how much they see and hear, because they mimic EVERYTHING we do. They are so precious!
She is simply irresistable! Look forward to seeing you this afternoon.
Is there some sort of University study that correlates playing with dolls as a child to being more motherly as an adult? I might need to suggest this to Harvard or something. I assume you read Bethany's blog about this...and I didn't really play with dolls either. My Sarah has never been one to play with dolls. I guess I should encourage it.
Love the baby changing station. Too funny. I think I parent the early years similarly to how I was parented... not so much with school age though.
Chrissy, I would be interested in knowing if there is something like that out there as well. I don't remember Bethany's blog about it, but I'll have to go back through her archives and find it! I do encourage Gray to play with baby dolls, just because I want her to learn how to treat real babies... you've given me something to really think about...I might post on this later...
Post a Comment