Sunday, April 18, 2010

Grace Like Rain Falls Down On Me

I learned this new song in church today...
I just stood there with my eyes closed listening,
letting God's grace rain down on me
and letting the tears fall from my eyes.

I was filled with a great presence from God,
and from my Grandma...
the last time I heard Amazing Grace I was sitting at her funeral.

I think she would've liked the extra lyrics.





Amazing grace, how sweet the sound
That saved a wretch like me
I once was lost but now I'm found
Was blind but now I see so clearly

Hallelujah, grace like rain falls down on me
Hallelujah, all my stains are washed away, washed away

'Twas grace that taught my heart to fear
And grace my fears relieved
How precious did that grace appear
The hour I first believed

Hallelujah, grace like rain falls down on me
Hallelujah, all my stains are washed away, washed away

When we've been there ten thousand years
Bright shining as the sun
We've no less days to sing Your praise
Than when we first begun

Hallelujah, grace like rain falls down on me
Hallelujah, all my stains are washed away, washed away

Hallelujah, grace like rain falls down on me
Hallelujah, all my stains are washed away, washed away


3 comments:

Chrissy said...

I never thought of this as a "praise song" so-to-speak. I missed this Sunday, so I'm looking forward to hearing how it sounds among other believers. :o)

Nel said...

I so love this song!!!

Josh Renaud said...

I know I'm probably the odd man out, but I have never been a fan of the attempt to modernize classic hymns by adding choruses to them.

Amazing Grace seems to frequently attract this treatment: Chris Tomlin has the "My Chains are Gone" version, Petra did a version with a chorus, etc.

I don't mind different musical arrangements, but for whatever reason adding or changing the words bothers me...