- My sister is moving in to my Grandma's house next door to me. I love this! I haven't helped as much as I wish I could have (due to having 4 children), but I have spent some time over there helping with this, that, or the other.
- I worked in the evenings last week and then attended a Springfield Cardinals Game.
- I had a girl's night out on Saturday night! Wahoo, it was fun! Sams, shopping, a movie, and The Melting Pot...doesn't get a whole lot better!
- Hunter has been at the beach all week. He left on Friday with my Mom and Charlie to go to Galveston, TX, and will come back this Friday. I sure have missed him!
- My sister lost a very close friend last week, which has taken quite the emotional toll on her, and myself. There will be a post coming on this soon. She was precious.
- I've been adjusting to having Lincoln back to work and me home with the kids all day. It's exhausting...really. By 3:30, Mommy's ready for a nap, I sure hope my stamina gets a little stronger each day!
- I've been mentally and physically preparing for our first post adoption visit. A social worker will be visiting our home on Tuesday, June 22nd for our 1 month post placement visit. I'm pretty nervous. Not sure why, but I feel like she'll be judging us and how well we're attaching. Why don't people who birth babies have to go through this?!?!
- We have had and will continue to have lots of appointments since the boys have gotten home. Doctor, Dentist, Lawyer (we have to re-adopt in Missouri), etc.
- My cousin is leaving in the morning for his first mission trip to Kenya - I'm so excited for him and his family! I can't wait to hear what God's got up His sleeve for this family!
- Did I mention that I just recently doubled my children? Wow.
Tuesday, June 15, 2010
There's a lot going on
There is a lot going on right now. Sorry for the lack of posts. I've got several in my head, just haven't had the time to get them out yet!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
You do have a lot going on!
I also think there should be home visits for newborns. How much better would it be if you didn't have to take a newborn to the doctor on day 2 or week 2 at home? The doctor could come visit and take care of business in the home. It would be more relaxing. Plus, parents could ask questions, too. And people could make sure the baby is properly cared for.
I will be praying for your visit next week! And for your sister and Brody.
Post a Comment