I've been following this blog for quite some time now, and have really enjoyed watching her adoption journey unfold! She wrote a post today in which I think she puts it perfectly...
"My feelings on the adoption process are that it is HARD. It is hard to make the decision to adopt, hard to explain to people your choice and why, hard to do the research, hard to get all the documents completed (correctly), hard to wait on a waiting list, hard to prepare to travel, hard to travel to a third world country and hard to get through the first days, weeks and I imagine months. And, through all of the HARD that we are feeling as adoptive parents there is a child that is feeling LOSS... big huge traumatizing LOSS and HURT. Loss of a birth family, culture, language, foods, smells, friends and the list could go on. But, hopefully through all of the HARD work and the LOSS and HURT we can come together and HEAL."
I couldn't put it any better myself...
1 comment:
Ashley, I am really thankful to have connected with you. I have been following your journey through Bethany and thinking of your family a lot. I am looking forward to talking with you about things as I continue blogging.
Post a Comment