Friday, April 22, 2011

Good Friday Prayers

Tonight I cried at dinner. This is nothing new at my house. I'm an emotional person, I'll admit it, and I'm often moved to tears by the words of my children. I think we can learn so much from children, and I can't even begin to recount all of the lessons mine have taught me.

Blake prayed this:

God, thank you for us having Grammie over for dinner tonight. Thank you for the healthy food. I love my Mom and Dad. Thank you for Easter. Let me have fun dying Easter eggs tonight.

This prayer...not uncommon for Blake, speaks volumes to my heart. Disected, you can always see his heart each night when he prays.

Thank you for family.

This child knows what it feels like to question whether you have family or not.

Thank you for food...even yucky broccoli, because it's healthy for my body. I can run and play and grow because of this food you've given me now.

This child knows what it's like to go to bed hungry.

Thank you for Easter. I can't fully comprehend what it means yet, but I sense it's amazing.

This child is learning so much, so quickly! He is coming to know his Lord and Savior, and I get a first hand account of their growing relationship. God has pursued his heart for 7 years...how exciting to see Blake learning about Him!

Then Hunter prayed:
Thank you God for letting Jesus die on the cross today.
Jesus died on the cross. Today. For me and for you.

Just days before He died the Bible tells us "He prayed more fervently, and he was in such agony of spirit that his sweat fell to the ground like great drops of blood" (Luke 22:44)

Yet, he followed through with it. To save us from ourselves.

Yes, today is the saddest day in the history of the world. And yet, we have hope.

Because in three days we will be celebrating the Risen King, and I can not wait to wake each of my children up proclaiming "He is Risen"!

No comments: