Today I got Jack in the Box tacos.
little it may seem, but those tacos bring back big memories.
Memories of the night we said "see you later" to my Grandma.
After we said "so long for now", I drove my Aunt Diana home from STL.
and we drove through Jack in the Box and picked up tacos.
We met back at my Grandma's house and ate together.
Jack in the Box tacos.
But you know...
I think that's how you know it's right.
When you can see someone off to Heaven
and then eat Jack in the Box tacos.
Because you're at that much peace.
Yes, I crawled in bed that night and cried my heart out.
Because I knew I would be sitting here,
writing this post, 5.5 months later.
Missing my Grandma,
crying still.
But when it was her time,
when God had finished her mansion in Heaven,
and His sweet small voice called her home,
we were all at peace.
My heart still aches,
I cry often,
but as the tears fall,
I look forward to the day that she will hug me again.
Because this is our temporary home.
little it may seem, but those tacos bring back big memories.
Memories of the night we said "see you later" to my Grandma.
After we said "so long for now", I drove my Aunt Diana home from STL.
and we drove through Jack in the Box and picked up tacos.
We met back at my Grandma's house and ate together.
Jack in the Box tacos.
But you know...
I think that's how you know it's right.
When you can see someone off to Heaven
and then eat Jack in the Box tacos.
Because you're at that much peace.
Yes, I crawled in bed that night and cried my heart out.
Because I knew I would be sitting here,
writing this post, 5.5 months later.
Missing my Grandma,
crying still.
But when it was her time,
when God had finished her mansion in Heaven,
and His sweet small voice called her home,
we were all at peace.
My heart still aches,
I cry often,
but as the tears fall,
I look forward to the day that she will hug me again.
Because this is our temporary home.
1 comment:
until we meet again
Post a Comment