Somehow I have managed to have my blog for about 2 years now without ever mentioning my almost every Thursday night activity!
During the school year (September - May) I go to
with some very good friends of mine after work almost every Thursday night.
We always go either after work (which ends at 8:30) or, if there is no work, after I put the kids down for bed.
Parents, I must say...it is SO important to have some adult time in your life!
Here are some perks to an evening like I have:
- It's after bedtime, which means that I have no "Mommy guilt" for skipping out on time that I could be spending with my kids.
- Even though it is late at night, and I miss out on several hours of sleep, I feel so refreshed the next day because I've had some adult interaction
- It's so good for my soul to spend time laughing with friends and eating food that I haven't cooked! ;0)
- We chose Applebees as our meeting place because they have 1/2 price appetizers after 10 p.m.! So...being the frugal group that we are, we order salads when we get there, and then wait until 10 p.m. to place our appetizer order! We each purchase one appetizer and all share, so there is more than enough food, and we get an evening out for approximately 10.00!
Megan and Ashley. Oh, what a pair we are!
Soon, we added Miss Michelle to our group. She started working with us at the studio as her college schedule allows it, and we absolutely adore her!
I'm quite sure Applebees has had a few Thursday nights when they wonder what in the world we talking about...our conversations are a bit odd at times, I must admit!
Toward the end of last year (April-ish) a childhood friend of Megan's began to join us.
Meet Mikey.
I wonder if he'd like me calling him Mikey on here. Oh well, he won't ever read it!
Mikey is one of a kind. Such a sweet soul, and funnier than almost anyone else I know! He definitely keeps our table laughing.
This year we have added yet another new addition to the Thursday night crew! Michelle's younger sister Kim has joined her at MS&T this year, so she's along for the ride!!
Welcome Kim, I'm so looking forward to getting to know you better!
ps - it's not a good idea to drop out of school...ha ha
Once in awhile we'll have a guest appearence by someone special to our crew. Sometimes it's my sister, sometimes it's Megan's mom...this particular night Lincoln and I splurged, called Miss Mindy to babysit, and he came with me!
Okay, funny side story about Mindy coming. The kids were already in bed when she got there, and as I was walking out the door I turned and asked her if there was a particular time I needed to be home...like I was in HS again! She just smiled and laughed, assuring me I could come home whenever I wanted to. It was very sweet of her not to make fun of me. I felt really silly when I got in the (mini-van) car with Lincoln to head out.
We are always assured to have a fun filled evening sitting in our booth. More times then not our evening is filled with a sampling of the following things:
Very animated stories, often with visuals like this one about being chased on Spook Holler Road:
Awesome songs like this one:
And performances outside...we really do try to keep our annoying behaviors to a minimum.
*Note: All of these wonderfully immature things have taken place without any alcoholic beverages! Amazing how silly we can be when we are able to let our guards down!
4 comments:
Reminds me of highschool with you! Oh how I miss those days!
Applebees is still my go to place here in UT. It is right next to campus and is a hoppin' place. I go enough that the manager knows me very well, he is an awesome manager. We also enjoy the half price appetizers on weeknights. Joseph and I get out to there alot, I also have a girls night out with my sisters once a month and I have gotten to go with friends from school and Seren's friends a few times. We love being silly without alcohol as well. I love Applebee's.
I loved the first video! Isabel was sitting on my lap and she started clapping her hands and laughing out loud!! Looks like so much fun! I'm really starting to understand and appreciate the need for regular adult interaction. It's a must!
I never knew Applebee's had half price appetizers after 10pm shows that I am not out that late often. I think its great that you get time with other adults. Looks like you all have a great time!
Post a Comment