Sunday, August 2, 2009

Some Pictures from Along the way...

Lincoln - acting totally overwhelmed by all the adoption paperwork I had spread all over the kitchen table.  In all reality he sat in that chair, ate his banana split from Sonic and listened to me talk all night.  I made him read over a few things and he was spent!  :0)  Looking back, the REALLY funny thing is that this was all during our "decision making" phase...we still hadn't even applied anywhere!  (ps - that's my blue adoption binder sitting on the table...it went everywhere with me in the beginning!)
This is me, writing the FIRST adoption check!  Wow - and we thought the application fees were expensive!  hee heeHere we are directly following our home study meeting in STL.  It was the first time we met our Social Worker Jenny.  We were SUPER nervous about the meeting, but it went very well and we went to eat at Red Lobster to celebrate afterwards!  :0)
Here I am at a Court House in Jeff City getting our POA Authenticated by the State of Missouri.  I made the day trip up there real quick by myself so that I could walk out with the paper rather than it taking weeks to get it done by mail.  That blue folder was our Dossier folder...but don't fear, the big blue adoption binder was in my bag on my shoulder!  :0)


I have more pictures of the kids mailing off our Dossier...I'll have to get them off my sister's camera and put them on here for you...I know you'd rather look at their cute faces than ours! 

No comments: