Sunday, August 9, 2009

You and Me Goin' Fishin'

I tried to get Lincoln do a "guest post", but he refused, so I'll do my best...

Hunter got a new fishing pole and tackle box for his birthday.  He's been very interested in Dad's this summer, so we thought that would make a great new Father / Son activity for them!

Here he is getting ready to leave.  Dad explained the importance of wearing a hat when you're a new fisherman because of the hooks that are flying around!
 He had the time of his life!  They went out to Curt's lake, so there was no one else out there.  Lincoln said it would be a great place to fish...and boy was he right! 

 Here is Hunter with one of the first fish he caught.  I think they said he caught 8 in all!  That is also a turkey feather sticking out of his hat.  I think he thought that was as good a find as any of the fish!
I was so proud of the boys for taking pictures!  I think fishing will become a regular occurrence and I am so happy about it!  I think it's so important for sons to have something that they can share with their fathers for the rest of their lives.  Some common ground, some joint activity that they can turn to during those awkward teenage years when spending time together is at an all time high.  



Lincoln,  you make such an awesome father.  I'm so proud of the job that you have done.  You have made spending time with our kids a priority.  You have proved to them that you are not going anywhere...and that you will be a constant, loving, supportive figure in their lives.  Thank you for that.  Love,  Your wife

No comments: