Random Thought #2: My new books still haven't come in! I've been without a book now since Thursday (I think)...and that's a long time for me! I have The Love Dare that I've been reading, but it's broken down into 40 days and it's only about 2 pages per day...so that takes me a total of like 10 minutes to read and think about.
Random Thought #3: I am wanting to make a list of places that I would like Lincoln and I to eventually be able to help support financially...maybe now is a good time to start it:
1. Joy FM
2. Pregnancy Resource Center of Rolla
3. Bethany Christian Adoption Agency in St. Louis
4. March of Dimes
5. Our home church (above and beyond our regular tithe)
6. Ekklesia Dance Company
Random Thought #4: I have been searching for a wall calendar for 2009 for months now. I need one like I have for '08...it's got a column for each of us and large squares. I can't remember where I found this years, but I sure can't find one for next year, so currently I'm using a little planner for next year's events (which we already have SEVERAL of...crazy how fast your life fills up!)
Random Thought #5: I subbed for PE today at the HS and it actually motivated me to work on my body a little more than I already am. My problem is my love of food. I know if I didn't like it so much I wouldn't have the body issues that I have, but I just can't seem to give up the food in order to slim down the body! I would like to start walking (outside or treadmill) as well as actually dancing more in the classes that I teach 2 nights a week.
Random Thought #6: I dropped off 5 tubs of things at the PRC today (baby and maternity clothes and stuff to donate) and when they call me to pick them back up (my tubs that is), I want to ask them two questions: 1) Is there a way I could volunteer there without having a regular time to be there every week (aka stuffing envelopes or something at home)? 2) Do they have some sort of a private adoption program set up where mom's who come in and are wanting to give their babies up can look through profiles of couples wanting to adopt in the area and have the opportunity to 'hook up' with them?
I'm off to bed - sleep tight world!
4 comments:
I'm glad you posted tonight... I wondered how your day was going! Looks like you had lots to think about!
I am really curious what you think about my post and the Lunapads. Too "crunchy hippie"?
I love your random thoughts!
I think they sell the kind of calendar that you're looking for (or something similar) at Barnes & Noble.
I love food too (and it's starting to catch up with me..getting old is hard)! My current problem is lack of time...lack of money (to join a gym)...and it's that awkward season between fall and winter where it's hard to get outside. Ugh!!
I hope your books come in soon!!
Yes, I think you're right Martha - I'm sure they do sell something like that - unfortunately for me the nearest B&N is like an hour away! lol You think Alaska is remote, you should try living in St. James! ;0)
I miss that awkward season between fall and winter...I really just miss AK in general. It's my goal to bring my family back when Gray is like 8 or so. A long time from now, yes, but I don't think she'll remember it before then, and it will be such a wonderful trip I don't want to take it before she'll be able to remember it forever!
Lowes, your calendar is at lowes, but I thought they sold them in school year blocks-
the one with a row for each family member right????
Post a Comment