Yet another year gone, and the Grape and Fall Festival is here again! I sit here, on Sunday writing this post and wondering how in the world my children are all still standing and not crying! They have had the biggest weekend!
Graysen in front of the baby lamb. We made the quickest trip through the animals this year. It was stinky and none of the kids were very interested...except Blake and Silas who informed us that sheep tongue and injera is very yummy!
Sweet story: Graysen was scared to death on this ride and started to cry. Next thing I know Silas has put his arm around her and is holding her tight through the rest of the ride. Thank you Lord...I need to see little signs of bonding like this one!
How lucky are we that our boys got put on the same soccer team as Ally?! Britt is coaching the team, and Lincoln is really enjoying helping!
We headed out to eat with my mom, Charlie, Kara, and 3 of her friends (more pizza!!!) and then to the MS&T Football game (first #4)! First home game of the season.
Chad had 13 catches and 157 yards I believe! We had a lot of fun getting our green and gold on and cheering him on! All four kids fell asleep on the way home from the game, so no bedtime routine for Mommy (yea)!
Mom and Charlie came and picked Hunter up, even though he was asleep, and took him to their house to spend the night. Sunday we woke up and got ready for church. Our pastor started a new sermon series that I'm really excited about! We went straight from church to Mom's and she had lunch ready for us. After a quick lunch we headed to a local playground to meet lots of family members for an impromptu birthday celebration for one of the kids.After coming home for a short rest time we headed to Nick and Britt's for dinner (steak for the adults, hot dogs for the kids...yeah, sometimes we're stingy. ha ha). We always have such a good time with them.
Off to bed early...we're back to school tomorrow! I can't believe we packed that much fun into 2.5 days!
ps - a happy birthday shout out to little S! S is our dear friend's newest addition to their family. He is still in Ethiopia, and they are celebrating without him - but it won't be long, they get to meet him in almost exactly a month!
4 comments:
What a fun weekend! I bet you're exhausted from all the running. All the kids look very happy. You're doing a great job.
Wow!!! Makes me tired just reading about it!! haha. :) Sounds like so much fun though! Love all the firsts for the twins. And oh how sweet that Silas comforted Graysen on the scary ride. Loved all the pictures, thanks for sharing about your weekend! It was great to have lunch with you too. :)
I'm not sure why I'm so emotional lately, but seeing picture #4 of Silas putting his arm around Graysen made me tear up!!!
oh my goodness what a BUSY weekend! I am sure that all the 1st's were so exciting to see :)
Post a Comment