We started our celebrations of being home together 4 months Saturday night when we let the kids blow up the air mattress in their room and watch the new Tinker Bell movie at bed time. Usually there is a "everyone in their own bed, no movie" rule at our house! I think they really enjoyed this special treat.

Sunday morning we got up and headed to church. After services we drove through McDonalds, met the Krueger's and hit the highway!
Our first stop was the bathroom. I thought Blake and I might spend the whole afternoon in the bathroom because he was so amazed by the automatic hand dryer...

Here we are, ready to explore!
Hunter, Ally, Silas, Blake, and Graysen

It was very chilly, but at the pace the boys were moving, there was no time to get cold!

The St. Louis Zoo has some fun things along the way for the kids to play on and explore.

The hyena! The kids were definitely looking forward to seeing this guy. They are hyena crazed after seeing The Lion King.

Unfortunately, they were also looking forward to seeing the cheetahs and lions, and we didn't get to see either! The cheetahs just weren't out, and the lions had been temporarily relocated! Boo!

Blake and Silas couldn't get over how bad the elephant poo smelled! This was a common theme, the stinkiness of the animals...

Of course we had to sing "Sally The Camel" while we watched the camels.

Bless Brittany for helping the boys see everything. She was such a help so that I could capture it all on camera.

Proof that I was at the zoo with the family...here we are, back in the parking lot ready to head to Meskerem to eat.

Ah, finally some fresh injera and delicious food!!! We were all starving!


We ordered
sambosas before our meal because we were so hungry we just couldn't wait, and Silas bit into one with this face. Apparently he'd never eaten a beef one! I can't count the number of lentil ones he ate!

Here's my plate of delicious food! (Obviously I had dug in before I remembered to take the picture!) We ordered two vegitarian combos (combination of Miser Alecha, Miser Wat, Shiro Wat, Butecha, Gomen Wat, and two helpings of cabbage and carrots ) for two people and Lincoln got his own meal of Lamb tibs.

We weren't sure, but we had leftovers to bring home! Yea! It was a wonderful day. I feel so very blessed to have such a wonderful family. They all make my days so much brighter. I can't imagine my life without all 5 of my blessings.
5 comments:
beautiful. your family is beautiful.
thank you for your kind comment. i'm going to say a prayer for you and your family right now! =)
What a fun celebration! I love the way simple things can be so special when you make them that way...I think an air mattress movie party sounds like a blast! :) And I would love to eat at that restaurant sometime! You'll have to let me know where it is. I've only had West African food, but I miss that a lot too! It looks like a lot of delicious things to sample! Happy Four Months! (And many more to come!!) =)
I absolutely loved this!!! I truly believe in celebrating everything you can in life! Looks like the whole family had a wonderful time. We can't wait to meet the twins at Christmas hopefully. :)
Looks like you all had a blast!! Happy 4 months!!
What a fun celebration!!! Happy Four Months Redburn Family!!!
Post a Comment