Monday, October 11, 2010

Silas lost his first tooth...at home!

Silas lost his first tooth (since being home)! When did he lose it? Of course the one full day I was gone on my "mommy vacation"...little stinker! It's the tooth right next to his front tooth (yes, the other front tooth still hasn't made it's appearance...it's been gone since about April.)

He told me on the phone, and in the background Lincoln says, "Silas, tell Mommy we'll wait until she comes home to throw it on the roof" (this is the tradition in Ethiopia that we fully intended to continue), and Silas says "no way Dad, I want to put it under my pillow and get money!" Ahh, kids...

So...under the pillow it went (the night mommy got home)...


and he laid down to sleep...

and awoke to three dollars! Here was our conversation when he came running into my bedroom in the morning:

S: Mom, I got money!
M: Awesome babe.
S: Here, mom.
M: It's your money Silas, you don't have to give it to me.
S: Is it play money or real money?
M: It's real money honey!
S: I will buy french fries with it.
M: You don't have to buy food with it, Mommy and Daddy buy your food.
S: REALLY?!


Ah, sweet Silas. I love you. I really do.

2 comments:

Alyssa said...

How sweet :) WHen my niece macy was visiting she lost a tooth and i played tooth fairy! so fun
Hope you had good time on your mommy vacation!
Dont breaks do loads of good :)?!?!

The Bixler's said...

Awww what a sweet little guy!!! This made me smile and tear up, Thanks so much for sharing Ashley.