Tuesday, October 26, 2010

This is the day that the Lord has made

Let us rejoice and be glad in it! Today I am thankful for:
  • lots of dirty dishes. I'm being serious. It means that there are lots of mouths eating in our home and that we have the food to feed them. This brings such joy to my heart. I've always loved hosting and feeding people. I always go overboard with food!
  • living at the end of a long street lined with trees. I love how full they are in the summer time, how beautiful they are in the fall, and how the snow and ice hangs from them in the winter.
  • a husband who has a heart that breaks for the same things mine does. I'm so grateful that we can talk about those things that are heavy on our hearts and I know without a doubt that we are on the same page.
  • Graysen falling asleep in my arms. I love feeling her twist my hair and hearing her breathing even out. I love how warm she gets right before she falls asleep and how limp she goes in my arms...trusting me completely.
  • my small group. I belong to a group of people who love each other and support one another. We can share our struggles without fear of judgment.
  • God teaching me how to intentionally love my newest sons. He is teaching me everyday that love is a verb and that I can only make the decision to love them unconditionally with His help each and every day. Every morning I wake and pray "God, please let me love my children today to the best of my ability and show them You through me. Please give me patience, grace, and compassion to extend to those I meet today."
  • other adoptive mommies who I can share my honest experiences and feelings with. They don't judge me, and know just what to say to lighten my stress for the day.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ashley I love that every morning you have a up lifting post! Thank you.

Cindy said...

I have so enjoyed your blog and the honesty of your writing. Sorry it took me SO long but I did get your blog added to Ethiopian Adoption Blogs. I wish you and your family all the best as you continue to grow together.