I always say that I want my child to be a curious, life long learner. That is actually part of the educational philosophy I had to write as a teacher! I think also developing communications skills - verbal, written, and body language - are essential skills. I think finally the ability to comprehend, enjoy, articulate, and do something with what you've read is important.
I really didn't consider putting a statement of faith in the educational goals I have for Daniel (or all kids or my classroom kids), but I have been thinking of it all week! I guess I view them a little separate. Perhaps I would say to use the natural talent and curiosity that God gave him to learn more about the world and others ... if I wanted to add a God part!
3 comments:
Be the person you want your children to be. They learn what they live.
LOVE these "goals".
I always say that I want my child to be a curious, life long learner. That is actually part of the educational philosophy I had to write as a teacher! I think also developing communications skills - verbal, written, and body language - are essential skills. I think finally the ability to comprehend, enjoy, articulate, and do something with what you've read is important.
I really didn't consider putting a statement of faith in the educational goals I have for Daniel (or all kids or my classroom kids), but I have been thinking of it all week! I guess I view them a little separate. Perhaps I would say to use the natural talent and curiosity that God gave him to learn more about the world and others ... if I wanted to add a God part!
Post a Comment