I want to shout it from the rooftops...
WE ARE GOING ON VACATION!
I have had some major fears about taking Blake and Silas on a vacation. I know that non-adoptive parents won't understand this and may think that I am too hard on the boys, but until you've walked the road with a child from a hard place, please don't judge my honesty. They struggle big time with social settings. They don't understand many social situations yet. They don't do very well with change of routine. When new situations arise they often act inappropriately, act out, and have major trouble practicing self control. Often times others don't recognize it, because they aren't familiar with how the boys act in comfortable situations...but I do, and it's a stressor for all of us.
But..with the help of my Mom, Dad, husband, and hopefully sister and Chad, I'm ready to tackle our first family vacation!
We are going to spend the next three weeks prepping them for proper behavior, going over rules, showing them pictures, and using as many descriptive words as we can to help prepare them for our vacation to THE BEACH over spring break!
This will be my first time to the beach since 2003, and Blake, Silas, and Graysen's first trip ever!
In my head I invision lazy days at the beach, reading books, building sand castles, tossing the football in the sand. Beautiful family pictures - you know the image. In reality I'll probably deal with a few cranky kids, throwing of sand at each other, and arguing over whose castle is the biggest and best.
But - we're skipping town, leaving all responsibilities behind, and going to spend uninterrupted time together, and that's the most important thing! Seven days with my family...there is NOTHING better!
But..with the help of my Mom, Dad, husband, and hopefully sister and Chad, I'm ready to tackle our first family vacation!
We are going to spend the next three weeks prepping them for proper behavior, going over rules, showing them pictures, and using as many descriptive words as we can to help prepare them for our vacation to THE BEACH over spring break!
This will be my first time to the beach since 2003, and Blake, Silas, and Graysen's first trip ever!
In my head I invision lazy days at the beach, reading books, building sand castles, tossing the football in the sand. Beautiful family pictures - you know the image. In reality I'll probably deal with a few cranky kids, throwing of sand at each other, and arguing over whose castle is the biggest and best.
But - we're skipping town, leaving all responsibilities behind, and going to spend uninterrupted time together, and that's the most important thing! Seven days with my family...there is NOTHING better!
5 comments:
Yay!!!!!!! I hope you guys have an amazing time!!!! I can't wait to see all the pictures :o)
You know if you need another adult to help out I am always available! J/J. I hope y'all have a much deserved, fabulous vaction! Enjoy!
Sounds like you will have lots of fun. I am sure it will all go ok and I can't wait to see the pictures.
Yay! That's exciting!! The beach is great place to spend spring vacation...and maybe the boy's awe at the vastness of the ocean will help some =)
Ashley, this is SOO EXCITING!!! What beach?!?! :D
Post a Comment