Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Giving Thanks {Day 2}: God's Messages

Finding a special message from God in secular books or movies.

My kids watched Spooky Buddies the night before Halloween.  It was a rather dark, scary movie, (which we usually don't let our kids watch!) but I was blessed to be able to have a conversation with them afterward about how evil can not enter God's house.  If God wants to live in our hearts, and our bodies are to be the temple of God, then evil can not enter our bodies, hearts, or minds either...unless we invite it in.  We had a wonderful conversation about how we always fill ourselves up with something...lets choose God rather than evil! 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am thankful for the friends that God has placed in my life since I got home from treatment.

Kelley said...

So thankful to have a teacher who really cares about helping my son be the best he can be.

Tracy said...

What a great conversation to have with your kids. I bet it brought them a lot of peace, too. :)

Mindy said...

I'm thankful that Ryan has been here for two weeks visiting!

Ruth Cox aka abitosunshine said...

What a great life lesson.