I am going to be 26.
I know, I know. It's not that old. Honestly, I know it's not that old, but it is the down slope to 30...and when you're 30, you're not 20 something anymore.
I have felt "old" since I was about 16. A lot of it I've brought on myself, some of it I think I was just born with. I never went through the "wild" stage. I never had to "sow my oats". I think I have an old soul. I feel very grateful for that.
So, to me, turning 26 is not really a big deal. 25 wasn't a big deal either. I'm not sure what number I WILL think is a big deal...
There are a few things that I feel like I'm running out of time to do though by turning a year older...
1. Having long hair. (Sorry if I offend anyone with this statement, but I just think that once your 30 you should no longer wear your hair long. My personal opinion.) So, I've only got 4 more years, and I've decided to grow it out - it's probably going to take about that long, but hopefully I can keep it long for the next four years and have a "celebratory hair cutting" for my 30th birthday!
2. Having children. Lincoln and I have always said we would be done having children by the time I was 30...I don't know that we'll be done adding to our family by the age of 30, but if we're not they will be older and they would've been born before I was 30...so that counts right?! lol (Again, hope I don't offend anyone with these opinions, but this is just what works for our lives...we had children right away and didn't have any "couple" time when we got married, so we're aiming to have that when the children are grown and out of the house while we're still young!)
I honestly can't think of any more - so, nah, this birthday isn't going to matter to me anymore than the last few have...20 was about the last birthday that was a big deal to me!
3 comments:
Well, speaking from the voice of experience, (15 whole days of it) 26 isn't too bad! :) I didn't have a hard time with this bday at all. Our lives unfold in ways that we don't expect, I know mine has, so it's more about the ride and not the number. Enjoy it and celebrate YOU for the day!
Miss you cousin!
Well put! I miss you too...
Ha, love it -- "old soul." I think I have one too.
Post a Comment