I just found out that today is "Delurking Day"!
I've never heard of it, let alone participated in it, but I'm excited to start!
I know most of you (maybe all of you!), but some of you don't know each other...and I always love to learn more about my friends! So, whether you're a dear friend, a relative, or a new reader who tends to lurk around here once in awhile, I'd love to hear from you!
Please answer one, two or maybe all of these and introduce yourselves!
1. Where are you from?
2. Tell me about your daily life. What's a typical day like for you? What's your favorite part of the day?
3. What book or movie changed your life?
4. If you're a fellow blogger what's your URL? What do you write about?
5. What's your favorite food or drink?
6. Now that I've canceled our Dish TV, what should I order first from Netflix?
5 comments:
1. I have lived in STJ my whole life and so has my husband... we will always be here!
2. It starts around 5:15 when I get up to pack my husbands lunch... then it really begins at 7:15 when Miss Abby gets up! I cook, clean, play and start all over 3 times every day :)
4. http://nelscrazylife.blogspot.com - it's private though...
5. Favorite food - Mexican & Favorite drink - fountain Pepsi!
1. Flat River, MO. Current residence - Steelville, MO.
2. Fortunate enough to be on voluntary lay off until April 6th, so I'm currently loving being a stay at home mom (most days :P). My favorite part of the day is usually the mornings that we have time to wake up slowly and all snuggle together in my bed!
3. I don't think I've ever had a book or movie change my life in a major way, unless you consider the Bible.
4. http://jessica-theleafamily.blogspot.com/ I mostly just write about my everyday life and my struggles with parenthood, I'm very proud of my children so I post lots of pictures! If I get the inspiration I'll write about other topics, but mostly just my family and my feelings about it.
5. I'm on a "Twilight" kick, can't wait until "New Moon" comes out on DVD and "Eclipse" comes out in theaters!!! :)
Oh and it said to introduce myself too! I'm Jessica Lea, mother of 2 daughters, wife of one husband! I thought it would be cool for anyone who is reading to also know how I know Ashley. Her husband is my cousin, so that makes her my cousin-in-law I suppose!
Thanks for the fun post Ash! :-)
1. Where are you from?
Here! ;)
2. Tell me about your daily life. What's a typical day like for you? What's your favorite part of the day?
Oh, my daily life is so boring and embarrassing... I go to class and come home and sit on my computer or watch TV. And also study when needed. My favorite parts are talking to Ryan on the phone, taking a hot shower, and getting the mail.
3. What book or movie changed your life?
I'm not sure that any changed my life really.. but a lot of books make me think.
4. If you're a fellow blogger what's your URL? What do you write about?
mindymerenghi.blogspot.com. I write about my life and the issues that come along with it!
5. What's your favorite food or drink?
Mexican food! Drink- water & iced tea!
6. Now that I've canceled our Dish TV, what should I order first from Netflix?
Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs looks like a cute kids movie.
1. Right here in the Sticks!
2. Taxi to school, tend to house and children, taxi from school, cook dinner, clean up, put kids to bed, spend time with husband. My favorite part of the day is definitely 6:30 when Daddy gets home!
3. It's silly, but Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus. So Simplistic, but everyone should read it.
4. www.mammalog.com is my blog about lots of random stuff- parenting, questions I need answered, cake decorating and other hobbies.
5. McDonald's diet dr pepper
6. A show you used to watch a long time ago- Dawson's Creek, Boy Meets World... whatever!
1. I was born in Utah, raised in Missouri (most of that in St. James), but I've spent most of my married life near Memphis Tennessee. Right now I am in Orem, Utah, but with any luck we will be headed back to the south soon.
2. Right now my three main positions are Mom, Wife, and Student. I get up and head to school, some mornings I get to take my son to school first others my sister takes him. This semester especially, I am on campus at UVU all day. I am in my last full semester as a BA History major. I am carrying 15 hours and completing my senior thesis. I pick my son up after school. From there we do his homework, make dinner, enjoy a little time together, and then off to bed for everyone. I try to do all homework while kiddo is in school, so I can focus on him when I pick him up. I love the car ride home from picking my son up, we chat or rock out to music (he loves Selena Gomez right, weird huh?) and sometimes we stop for a treat.
3. The books that have effected my life most are definitely my scriptures. I am LDS, aka Mormon, so they include the King James Version of the Bible, the Book of Mormon, the Doctrine and Covenants, and the Pearl of Great Price. The words in these books are the foundation to my faith and give me the strength to continue when things are tough. I hear the Lord through their pages. They are my iron rod, leading me home to my Father in Heaven.
4. I have two: josephandamandafamilyfun.blogspot.com and myfakeanger.blogspot.com.
The first is mostly family journal type stuff to keep friends and family informed and up to date with our happenings. I sometimes will post recipes or uplifting stories and such. The second is my political blog. I do not get around to writting on it as much as I want, but one day I hope to be more productive with it. I am a historian and so documentation is big. I do not like posting my opinion or ideas with out reasonable evidence to why I feel the way I do.
5. I love fresh asparagus prepared any way and I love maple butter blondies from Applebees. My favorite drink is Dr. Pepper, can't live without it, but I try to keep it at one less than 22 oz a day.
6. Sophie Scholl, you will have to read subtitles because it is in German, but it is beautifully done. It will increase your gratitude for the freedoms you hold. The White Rose group is one of my favorite activist groups of all times. Their actions were more than brave.
Post a Comment