Wednesday, January 20, 2010

The phone call that ended in this...

Hunter has been trying to prove to his dad that he is responsible enough to have a cat ever since Aunt Sissy got one for Christmas.

I got these messages from Hunter on my phone Friday night:

"Mommy, I would really like to have a kitten that I found on the internet that needs a home and me and Grammie were looking at a cat book that my Grammie has and she has her claws out and she uses the litter boxes and she loves to have kids around and um, she's fantastic with kids, and guess what? What? I love this kitten and I really want her so talk to my dad about it, bye."

"Okay now, mom, I have a question to tell you, guess what? I did my chore chart today and guess what? A chore cart of the kitty. And I cleaned it's litter box, and I even got its food, it's water, cleaned the bowl out, and I did everything for the kitty, played with her."


Guess what those messages did to a Mommy's heart?!

Saturday brought this...

5 comments:

Chrissy said...

You are too good. There is nothing my children could say that would make me feel compelled to let them have a cat! ;o)

Nel said...

Enjoy your kitty cat!!!

kimberly said...

I had heard that y'all got a new addition to the house. Congrats! I am so happy for Hunter I know that he has wanted a pet for so long. Before long your house is going to get very small!

Deanne Smallwood-Thomas said...

too cute!!!

Cody said...

Give huntery number... We need to talk about a new dog for him. Chewy is on the outs around here ;). He is such a sweet boy, and I would have given in too!