Tuesday, August 10, 2010

I hope we celebrate our 65th wedding anniversary.

I just read this blog about a family gathering for a 65th wedding anniversary. An entire week at the beach with their whole family. How awesome would that be?

Our wedding party: from left to right:
Amy (Ball) Ahmed, Brittany (Scudder) Krueger, Jayna Cardetti, Kara Fannon, Me, Lincoln, Vimal Bhakta, Evan Redburn, Lucas Redburn, Justin Renaud

I hope Lincoln and I celebrate our 65th wedding anniversary. That would make me 85 and him 86. I think we can do it! I asked him how many great-grand-kids he thought we would have by then...so we started doing a little figuring.

Lincoln's grandparents on his mom's side have 3 kids, 10 grand-kids, and 10 great grand-kids and they are not even 80 yet.

His grandparents on his dad's side has 5 kids, 17 grand-kids, and 10 great grand-kids.

My grandma had 6 kids, 15 grand-kids, and 17 great grand-kids!

I think there's potential for us to have a HUGE family by the time we're in our 80's! The thought of Blake, Silas, Hunter, and Graysen grown up, with families of their own thrills me. It gives me that numb, dropped blood pressure, anxiety, excitement feeling! I can't wait to see what God has in store for each and every one of them, in turn blessing us beyond measure!

So, here's to toughing it out. Here's to making our marriage a priority and choice every. single. morning. Here's to fulfilling our vows. Only 59 more years and we'll make it to our 65th wedding anniversary.

And I intend to spend it on the beach with our whole family!

5 comments:

kimberly said...

If anyone can make it 65 years of marriage it will be you two!

Nicole said...

Hi there! I've actually been reading your blog for a while now and have really enjoyed getting an inside look at the whole adoption process, it's really neat to see how God has worked in your life thus far. I too love finding people from home, it helps me still feel connected even though we live 2 hours away now. Looks like you guys are having a great summer, congrats on your two new additions! :)

Britt said...

You'll definitely make it!!! We all look super young! :o)

Jess said...

Love it! See you in 59 years for the party!

Mindy said...

I can see the BIG celebration now!!! How fun! I hope to have a big family too!