Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Our crazy family takes a drive down Old Route 66

We live on Historic Route 66, but often times don't take full advantage of the lovely sights that many people travel so far to see. I'm only half joking here people...


Our short trip down Old Route 66 started with dinner at a BBQ joint with the word "Hick" in the title. No, I'm not kidding...


It's the rare occasion when we get a picture of Grammie and Papa with all four kids looking!


After leaving dinner and pulling off the side of the road we took some more fun pictures! B and S weren't sure what this was all about, but they had fun just the same.

Gray will dance anywhere, anytime!
Just like her Mommy!

Blake joining the motorcycle gang!


Hunter needed another drink, it was so hot outside!


He was determined to mow that grass!


Lincoln goin' for a little ride...


Chad, shooting off the cannon...right at Charlie!
Of course Chad was immediately interested in the cannon - history buff that he is!


Ah yes, you can't miss the Worlds Largest Rocking Chair!


Here are the stats for that awesome chair you saw above...


Whew, it was fun guys...lets do it again, oh maybe next week!


Yeah...we're nuts sometimes.

5 comments:

kimberly said...

National Lampoon's Vacation comes to mind? Do you think y'all will ever take a drive across the country with your Mom, Papa, Kara, and Chad?

Britt said...

What a fun day! Great pictures! I have always wanted to stop and see "The World's Largest Rocking Chair"!

Mindy said...

Love the pictures! We also visited there recently with my Aunt and Cousin. It's funny to be a tourist in your own area. :)

Kelley said...

How fun!

J and I always talk about driving Rt. 66 after she graduates... in a convertible from Chicago to L.A... then I think about how we could go probably to Europe on the same budget! :-)

Bld424 said...

I have yet to pose by the rocking chair, but I did see it on my way to that hick BBQ restaurant! I loved that place.