Friday, August 27, 2010

Yesterday was a good day.

Yesterday was a good day.

Because I took a long walk in the morning after dropping the boys off at school. I got to visit with my husband and a cousin that we rarely see.

Because I got my hair done by my favorite sister. Let's be honest, what's better than getting your hair washed at the salon, drinking a strawberry limeade and talking with your sister?!

Because my daughter and I got to cuddle under this old family quilt for most of the afternoon and watch Disney movies.


Because we got to visit with the nice lady on the next street over on our walk home from school. I learn something new about her life every day, and I learned that she had 5 miscarriages and never gave birth to a live baby. She told me she was never a mother and I got to remind her that she most definitely was...x5! I also learned that she ran a daycare for a long time...and that my kids are welcome to come pick up the walnuts in her yard anytime we want to!

Because after school we all got to eat ice cream, and boy was it good!

Because Hunter came home with a special announcement...

He counted to 109 all by himself today for the teacher!


Because I wasn't feeling good my mom brought dinner to my house!


Because even though I'm 27, I still get birthday cake and get sung to!


Because my mom and Charlie embrace my nerdy side and got me a nook for my birthday!

Thank you family for being so wonderful and making yesterday a great birthday!

5 comments:

Kelley said...

SO glad it was a good one- and Yay for a nook!

Charity Hildebrand said...

Happy Birthday! So glad you had a special day :)

Bld424 said...

I am happy you had such a great day! I had to look up "nook"... its basically like a Kindle, right? Or a book only iPad? How neat!

27 is a good year. I really liked this year!

Jaimee said...

Dab nabit! I was the cousin you got to visit with but I forgot it was your birthday....so sorry Ashley! Happy Belated Birthday!

Mindy said...

Happy Belated Birthday!!! Sounds like a wonderful day! :)