Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Celebration of Nations

Last Saturday Britt and I packed the kids up and headed to the Celebration of Nations.

The parade was short, but sweet. We were excited to see so many countries represented in our small community!

There were fun things for the kids to see like the Chinese dragon and Camels from India.

After the parade we headed to the booths to look around. Unfortunately they were far too close together, and the crowds were massive, so we didn't spend much time there.

We're excited for next year, hopefully there will be more involvement. We're thinking of ways we can get our boys (and hopefully some other Ethiopian adoptive families) involved! We'd love to walk in the parade and hold the Ethiopian flag up high!

2 comments:

Amber said...

How neat!! Was this in St. James?

musicalicia08 said...

I was so sad to miss out on the day, but I had a music workshop that morning. Thanks for sharing your pictures...so fun to see all that was going on! It would be really cool if you guys were able to be involved next year! Still praying that this time next year I might actually be living in Africa or somewhere around the world! :) I love internationals so much!