I love being a mom. But what I love more than just being a mom, is being an intentional mom! We had all Saturday afternoon with no plans, so why not make the most of our free day?! As the kids put away their folded laundry I make preprations for an ice cream social! I had gone by Redbox earlier in the day and rented Disney's Oceans. I surprised the kids with fun ice cream toppings (all just found around my house) and we had a hay day!
The kids had such a good time putting their toppings on, seeing what toppings their siblings would choose, and encouraging each other to try new things!
We talked about how God makes everyone different, and how just like our ice cream, even though they (we) look different, we're all delicious!
After we got done making our sundaes, we sat on a blanket in the living room and watched our movie. We were all amazed by the beautiful creatures that most of us had never seen before! We talked about whales, sharks, fish, sea lions, jelly fish, and dolphins. We talked about the importance of not littering and taking care of God's creations, both animals and people. After the movie we Googled how long the longest whale is and then we measured it out...they were amazed!
I couldn't have asked for a better Saturday afternoon with my kids. Thank you Lord for entrusting me with each of their lives. I'm doing my best...
No comments:
Post a Comment