Friday, May 27, 2011

1st tooth lost - Hunter edition

My first born has lost his first tooth!

Hunter's tooth had been loose for a week or two. Then he started asking Lincoln to pull it, but every time Lincoln would get the pliers out to yank Hunter would say it hurt. Then...(of course while Mommy was gone) He did it! Lincoln just pulled that little tiny tooth out!

He has a smile like mine, and you can't see his bottom teeth when he smiles...but I had to have a picture of the hole!

Hunter was too excited to tell Grammy over the phone, so she just came on over...guess she knew what happened because she brought him a "Happy 1st lost tooth" card!
Hunter and Daddy with the pliers that did the job!


I think Hunter's firsts are especially special to me because I feel like I'm able to measure my growth as a parent by them. Just as Hunter's role as oldest, and only boy disappeared when Blake and Silas joined our family, my parenting has kind of gotten mixed up too. Now I'm parenting children older than the time that I first had a child in my home. For those who haven't done the math, they were born before Lincoln and I were even married (by 5 days)! It's just kind of a big joke in our home.
When God calls you to travel a path you've never walked before the only way to walk it is to pray and laugh along the way!


No comments: