Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Mangos

Mangos are serious business in our house.

They are a rare treat (due to the cost!), and the kids are always so excited when they see them unloaded from the grocery bags.

I really do have awesome kids, when we go to the grocery store, while most kids are begging for cookies, etc., mine are begging for cabbage and mangos!


Usually we make the kids share a mango, but this particular day I found a great sale on them and they each got their own!


As you can see, they eat them all the way down to the seed...


Front porch mango time is always a favorite in the Redburn household.

4 comments:

Sparrow said...

I knew what this post had to be about from the moment I saw the title. They are serious business in our household as well. The only problem is that they never taste as fresh and juicy as the ones we bought every day in Ethiopia.....

Amanda said...

Unique kids are the best. I love that front porch mango pic. We are also huge fans of mangos at our house. Living in a bigger city and closer to Cali and Mexico we can get them pretty decently priced through much of the year. My favorites are the little champagne mangos.

musicalicia08 said...

I love it! We ate so many mangos when I was in Senegal...I wonder if they are big in Ethiopia too and are special to Blake and Silas? Mmmm...I might just have to splurge on a mango this month too! lol

Deanne Smallwood-Thomas said...

CUTE!!!