We landed in DC and headed back through customs. Again, no problems whatsoever. Praise to God for getting us safely and securely through all of our customs checks! We had several hours of layover time, but we were back on US soil and were so excited to call home!!
I called Aunt Sissy first because she was on vacation and wouldn't be home when we got to STL. It was the boys first time to talk on a phone, so when I handed it to them they weren't even sure what to do. They did eventually hear her voice and started saying "Hi Sissy, Hi Chad" over and over again...
of course, that's all the English they knew! Then I called my Mom and got to talk to Graysen.
Oh, my heart. I had not realized how much I had missed them until I heard her voice! Hunter wouldn't talk to me on the phone, but I knew he was very nervous about what was about to happen, and that was okay.

We boarded the plane in DC to head to STL...what a great feeling to know we were on our final leg of the trip home!

Finally, we arrived in STL a whole hour ahead of schedule! Luckily, our family was already there. I can not describe to you what it felt like to have all four of my kids in one place. I just sobbed and sobbed. Such a rush of emotions. I had tried my best to not think about Hunter and Graysen all week and soak in as much of Ethiopia as I could. But to see them again, and to realize that Bizayehu and Sintayehu were here with us as well, something we had worked toward for so long, was just awesome.

The kids immediately took to each other. They were all four just running around baggage claim as if they had been together forever.
(Now, this didn't last past this one day, but for the moment, it was just what I needed!)
Home.
at last.
No comments:
Post a Comment