"Then Jesus came to them and said, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.” - Matthew 28: 18-20
Command #1: Go to them.
Command #2: Baptize them.
Command #3: Teach them.
We know how to go...but how do we make disciples? I am not well spoken, I do not know the Bible frontward and backward. I think David Platt says it very well:
"Disciples of Jesus - genuine, committed, self sacrificing followers of Christ are not made overnight. Making disciples is not an easy process. It is trying, it is messy, it is slow, tedious, even painful at times. It is all these things because it is relational. Jesus has not given us an effortless step by step formula for impacting nations for His glory. He has given us people and he asks us to live for them, love them, serve them, and lead them." - Radical by David Platt
Who are you investing in? Who are you loving, serving, and leading? Who are you making disciples? Who are you teaching to walk like Jesus?
I hope that I'm doing that for my children. I hope I'm leading them toward Christ. I hope I'm doing that for my friends, my co-workers. What about you?
2 comments:
I hope I'm helping my fiance Eric. He didn't go to church when met him and he's come a long way in the last 3.5 years. Some times I grow impatient with him, but I need to remember that I've always had Jesus in my life and he's only had Jesus in his life for a few years.
I need to remember every day that my mission is with my kids...and most days I could stand to be reminded on the hour.
Thanks, Ashley!
Post a Comment