Monday, October 3, 2011

Our night away

Sometimes life gets tough, you know?  Just monotonous and boring and you forget how to have fun with the people that God has given you in your life. 

We were there.  So, what better way to remember than to have a family get-a-way!

We surprised the kids and headed to St. Louis.  They love staying in a hotel...
 especially one with a swimming pool!!!


(and a coffee maker, TV, blow dryer, and iron in the room!  Yes, those are the things the kids mentioned
about our hotel room.  They. are. funny.)

We love hotels with breakfast.  They think it's so neat to have so many choices like a restaurant, and for it to be unlimited! 
(That's my boys...eating endlessly!)

The next day we headed over to Grant's Farm.  Hunter, Graysen, and Lincoln had been there once, but Silas, Blake, and I never had!






Silas got chosen to help feed the elephant during the show!

2 comments:

Britt said...

I agree...so important to do fun little quick trips! Glad you had fun!

Jackie Johnson said...

Ashley, I very seldom comment on your blog, however, I am a very faithful reader. I absolutely LOVE hearing about your precious family and seeing pics of them all. It's so heartwarming to see what great strides you've all made this past year. I send love and best wishes to you all,
Jackie Johnson (Morgan Hanna's mom)