Saturday, October 15, 2011

a smile

I was driving through town when I noticed a tour bus broken down at a gas station.  Sitting on the sidewalk was a bus load of a military men and women...probably on their way from boot camp to their first station.  They had their big green duffle bags with them, the ones that I remember sitting around my house every time my dad came to and from TDY's.  As I drove back through town I saw two of those young men, in full uniform walking toward a young lady whose car had broken down just down the road.

Be still my heart.  

Thank God for the people who don't just take advantage of living in a free country, but are willing to fight to defend it's freedom.  Thank God for young men who aren't too wrapped up in their own youth and selfishness to help a woman in need.  Thank God for young people who show respect and sacrifice.  

It put a smile on my face...I hope to remember it for a long, long time.