Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Our First Homestudy Meeting

The day started off well. Lincoln went into work for a few hours and I had a quiet house (no babysititng kids) to get the three of us ready. I got the kids dressed, fed, and ready for the new babysitter to come, and then showered and got myself ready. I picked up the house a bit (by the way: I've kept the living room and kitchen picked up and clean since Friday night - this is a huge accomplishment for me!) I was feeling calm, cool, and collected. Our lifesavor of a babysitting came at 10:30 (what a blessing to randomly work with a UMR girl who only has class until 10 on Tuesdays!). I showed her around the house, made sure there were lunch options laid out, diapers and wipes, etc. I introduced the kids and got them settled in for about 30 minutes. I wasn't freaking out...yet.

We got in the car and headed up there and about Union I started feeling it. The nausea set in. I felt like I might puke at any given moment. Bless Lincoln, he could totally tell and held my hand and talked me through it the whole way! We couldn't find the building and had to call Jenny while driving up and down Watson Rd., but we eventually found it and had a GREAT meeting!

We gave her some paperwork, she helped us fill out some paperwork, and she gave us more to do and gather! :0) Fun stuff let me tell you! I'm wishing that I had my dossier packet so that I could make sure I'm doing everything right and not going to have to backtrack and do it again, just slightly different for that.

Overall, a great day - I feel much more at ease about the whole process, and if I weren't motivated already...I certantly am now!!! :0)

1 comment:

Mrs. Haid said...

Great! I am glad all went well! I thought about you all yesterday.