Why don't I just keep it up?!
Friday, April 24, 2009
Why don't I just keep up?
Someone PLEASE tell me why I don't just keep my house cleaning up on a regular basis rather than doing everything all at once (and not often enough)???? For some reason I find it so VERY difficult to keep a nice, neat, orderly, clean house. I'm having my Pampered Chef Party tomorrow, and so tonight I cleaned my guest bathroom, kitchen, and living room from top to bottom. We're talking washing windows, dusting, vacuuming, picking up, wiping down, sweeping, moping, re-organizing, etc. As I sit here (rather than falling into bed), I love the feeling of having everything in a specific place and perfectly clean.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
This is what I think... you have your priorities straight! If you don't get personal enjoyment from cleaning (some people love to clean) or if you get more personal satisfaction from other things besides a clean house, that is how you invest your time. And so, if you prefer other things to be done or to do, you are probably on the right track. Yeah, it might be a little rationalization, but ... to me it makes sense!
I felt like I was reading about myself on this one! I know I'm capable of keeping up because really...it only takes 5 minutes here, 5 minutes there. But I don't tend to utilize those moments. And then, I'm with you on feeling so happy when everything is just as it should be. How can we help each other with this??
I feel so much better to know that I am not alone! I love when my house is all nice and tidy but it doesn't last long! I tried starting laundry early on in the weekend instead of saving it all for one day...it worked until my dryer quit working! Oh well, didn't really want to do laundry anyways! :o) There are other things, much more important that we devote our time too...we are not just sitting around doing nothing! We just have to remind ourselves that we do the best we can!
Ashley oh how I would love to tell you that I keep up with my house but the honest truth is that I don't. I clean every weekend top to bottom and then all week it just is what it is. I think that time with my husband and son are more important then clean livingroom. I have decided that Logan can mess the livingroom up in 5 minutes. Something that takes me hours to clean is destoryed in minutes. SO ENJOY LIFE and LIVE IN THE MOMENT.
Post a Comment