Today is a milestone in our adoption journey. When we signed with our adoption agency they told us the average wait at that point was 0-3 months for infant boys. Here we are. 3 months into "The Wait". They are still handing out February infant boy referrals. So, obviously no where close.
I've read lots of people who at this point (when they reach the maximum wait their agency gave them to start) are very agitated. Annoyed, frustrated, discouraged. I am glad to say that I am not feeling any of these things.
Maybe the slow down in adoptions is because there are lots more people adopting from Ethiopia currently... But maybe, just maybe, it's because more families are able to keep their children.
...and in my book that's the best possible situation.
Having lost a child myself in 2006 I would NEVER hope that a family would have to go through that. Even if it means that I sit on the wait list forever. Although yes, I am anxious to meet the newest addition to our family, I am all too aware that in order for me to gain a son someone has to lose one. That is something that I would never wish on anyone.
So - as we wait patiently, and prayerfully, we continue to hope that maybe it's taking so much longer than expected because more families are staying together.
Happy 3 months on the waiting list!
No comments:
Post a Comment