This is part of an email to a dear friend of mine that I wrote this evening. I just wanted to record my thoughts tonight:
"Thank you for the prayers. This journey has stretched us individually, and as a couple more than we could've ever imagined...that's for sure. I have learned more about the heart of God in the last few months than in my previous 26 years. I feel like, for the first time in my life, I am walking the path that He set out for me. The one that is closest to Him. I feel him present in my life like never before, and amazingly, it's not as comfortable as I thought it would be, but that's what's so exhilerating about it! It's so awesome feeling like I have to lean on Him daily to get through rather than looking to Him only when times are at their worst. I feel a passion inside that I've never found before. I'm only sad that it took me 26 years to find this!! I feel confident that this is what my life is supposed to be about - standing in the gap for the orphans of the world. Advocating for them when no one else will. Loving them like Christ loves me. I can't wait to get to Ethiopia and love on the children there!"
No comments:
Post a Comment