We are Plan B for this baby's life.
Luckily, I'm okay with that! God's first plan is for every child to stay with their birth family. That is why He gave them to those parents. Because of our fallen and broken world, that is not always possible. So...Plan B comes into play. That's us. We are Plan B.
We will always love our son's birth parents. I hope that we are able to know some of their story to share with him. If not, I trust that he will be at peace with knowing that although he may not know his biological story, he will know that he is a son of God's and ours...and that we both love him unconditionally.
We are so blessed that God is going to place him in our lives. We will forever be connected to Ethiopia. Part of our son will always be there, and therefore part of our hearts will be as well.
When we started this process I was so unsure of where all the money was going to come from, so unsure about how this small community would accept a little boy from Ethiopia, so unsure about so many things. But the two things I did know were that a) God calls us to care for the orphans and b) there were children out there going to bed every night without a mommy and a daddy to tuck them in and calm their fears. I knew that they needed a family and that is one thing I think we do well.
We have a family. A family who loves each other unconditionally. A family who is committed to each other. A family that is committed to the King of kings.
We can do family...so let's do it!
No comments:
Post a Comment