Monday, October 5, 2009

Fashion Rules Children's Book

If anyone is interested in publishing a children's book I have a request.

I want a "touch and feel" book that explains basic fashion rules to children.  We're talking just the basics here.  I want them to know how to match colors (for example you shouldn't wear a red pair of pants with an orange shirt), and realize that you can't wear sweatpants with a nice sweater.  Learn that football pants should be saved for playing in the yard, not going to a birthday party.  I want them to be able to feel different materials so that they understand what material a sweatshirt is made out of vs. dress pants.  

Hunter has always been very particular about what clothes he wears...unfortunately they don't always match.  There is that cute stage around 2 years old where they are first learning to pick out their own clothes that it doesn't really matter what they wear out because it's just so sweet that they are finally having an opinion.  

Then there's 5 years old where they still have a (very strong) opinion, but no fashion sense whatsoever...  And it's not so cute when they don't match anymore...  I try to continue to give him a choice each morning because I think it's important for him to learn to make decisions on his own...but it's getting harder and harder to "reason" with him when his choices don't make sense at all!

HELP!

1 comment:

Chrissy said...

I would need a book for my husband as well...lol! I must say, I am thankful that my kids don't even care. I just pick out something and they put it on. But don't worry...I have other battles!! ;o) And yes, someday they will have to dress themselves...I'll cross that bridge when I get there...ha! :o)