
My kids are in love with Tom and Jerry!! We just recently started watching this classic cartoon and it's their new favorite! I especially enjoy the fact that there is mostly music and very little talking. I love to hear them laughing and laughing at all the silly antics.
4 comments:
Yes, Hunter and I have watched that a couple of times at my house and he gets SO tickled! Adorable!!!
The classics never get old!
You know how all Moms have a hang-up on this or that. Well one of mine is this show. Let me start by saying I pass no judgment. I have a hard time with this show because of the violence it encourages on a friends basis. It isn't good against bad violence, which I have come to accept because I have a boy. It is hey we can pretend to be friends, then be mean to each other, and that is funny. I don't like the message. Scottie thought it was hilarious and still fusses about wanting to watch it but it is one on my "no" list. I know we all have them and I just had to share one of my idiosyncrasies. I hope I didn't ruin the fun memories and sharing with your kids. I was wondering if you had a "no" list and what is on it?
From the article: http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/850577/the_violence_of_tom_and_jerry_a_mothers_pg2.html?cat=9
About watching Tom and Jerry:
"I watched my kids for the next couple of days. They did not do anything more violent than their usual playing. The fighting between them did not increase; in fact, I think it lightened up a little. They did not try to torment the dog or the fish. They did not chase after each other with
frying pans, irons, scissors, or garden tools. They were the same kids that they were before I introduced them to Tom and Jerry.
I realized a very important thing during those few days. My kids understand the difference between what is real and what is fiction, between cartoon antics and real animals. To put it simply: They get it. I did not even have to lecture them on the subject."
But...I'm not sure if ALL kids are this way...we just have to recognize our own children's behavior. Do you remember my Peter Pan blog? :o)
http://chrissyrenee79.blogspot.com/2009/03/peter-pan-gets-boot.html
Post a Comment