A short update on the new routine in our house...
Today is day 5 of kindergarten.
Today is the first day that Hunter didn't cry!
Yippy!
Unfortunately, Mommy still cried.
I don't know when it will end.
When will I be able to send my kids to school without feeling sad and empty?
When will I not miss them during the day?
I have been tucking a special rock inside of Hunter's pocket each morning.
It's a stone that my Mom gave me when I was getting ready to give birth to Claire.
I held that stone all the way through her birth.
It's a special stone.
It helped to give me strength when I thought I had none.
I have prayed Hunter will feel the same way.
Strength where he doesn't think there is any.
Today a Kindergarten aide shared a story with me.
She told me the stone has really helped Hunter.
Yesterday he shared the stone with a little girl who was crying.
"My Mommy says this might help. I hope it helps you."
He inspires me.
He motivates me.
I am captivated by him.
When won't 2:50 be my favorite time of day?
Summertime I guess...
Come on summer break!!!!!
3 comments:
I am glad to hear he is doing better in the mornings. 2:50 will probably always be your favortie time of the day, 5:00 is my favorite I know that I will get to go pick up my kids and see how their day was. Still praying that someday soon I will have a schedule where I can pick Blake up from school.
First of all, you look GREAT in that picture! :-) Secondly, I'm glad Hunter's adjusting even if it is slowly. I've been praying for him each morning when I drop J off.
I've been praying for both of you every morning as well! I'm so glad to hear Hunter is on his way to adjusting. And I love the story of sharing his special stone with someone else - what a special kid.
Post a Comment