Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Hearts Against Hunger

Melanie blogs at Only a Breath and has recently started a Virtual Food Drive!

I love serving others, and I especially love that God created us each to serve different people in our own unique ways!

Melanie recently read a statistic that said that over 17 million children in the US Alone were in "food insecure households". Before going to work in the school, I would have questioned that, but working at the school, and "seeing" the homes that these children come from, and the number of free and reduced lunches that our building alone serves, I can totally believe this stat!

I've added her button to my side bar "Hearts Against Hunger". I would encourage you to click on it, and it will take you to her blog where you an watch her vlog in which she explains how this virtual food drive will work (in her sweet southern accent)!









You can donate to Feeding America to help American kids, or you can donate to Compassion International to help kids in other countries...or get crazy and donate to both!!!


No amount is too small! Every dollar helps.



For other ideas on ways to help others check out my new "29 before 29" tab at the top of my blog and research some of the organizations I'm hoping to help in my 29th year of life!





1 comment:

Amber said...

Definitely going to go check this out! Love your 29 before 29 list..inspiring! I'll be 29 August 19th I may have to do a 30 before 30 list!!!